The department of commerce aims to nurture commerce professionals with high level of knowledge and competence to effectively contribute to the society with commitment and integrity. The department was opened in the year 2007 and follows advanced syllabi of Bangalore University and it also adopts innovative learner-cantered teaching methods such as case studies, field visits and Live Projects works. Besides the regular programme, the department also offers value added academic, extracurricular and co-curricular programme
To develop corporate leaders with multi-disciplinary talents to face the socio economic and global challenges with excellent ethical practices of commerce.
To impart superior quality education with modern teaching methods.
- To provide maximum practical exposure to students so as to bridge the gap between academics and industry.
- To continuously develop value added programs to meet stakeholder requirements.
Features of the course:
- Specialization available in Finance, Accounting and Finance.
- Focus on preparing graduates equipped with special knowledge on Banking and Finance and in Accounting.
- On a regular basis Group Discussions, Mock Personal Interviews, Presentations, Seminars and Case Studies are held to make the students job-ready.
- Students are to devote time for add on courses and take active part in the Commerce Club Activities.
- Internal quality circles are formed in the classes and in the department.
The Department under the aegis of the Commerce &Management club conducts various commerce &management related events and guest lectures and organizes industrial visits to keep the students abreast of the latest developments in the field of commerce &management.